Rosenhof VO has in addition to the school in Dynekilgata had departments at Lakkegata, Vahl, Sagene, Holmlia and Bjørndal. The departments at Sagene, Holmlia and Bjørndal were closed around the millennium, while the departments at Lakkegata and Vahl were merged in 2008, and had premises in barracks at Lakkegata school until 2013, when the department moved to new premises in Trondheimsveien.
The women's education started in Heimdalsgata in 1977. The year after, the course moved to Hersleb school, and here the foundation for the low-threshold offer for women with little or no school background was laid. In August 1984, Quo Vadis became a branch under Rosenhof VO. In 1990, the women's education moved to Lakkegata school, and became the Women's Teaching Lakkegata. In 1991, "Quo Vadis?" became a project of four years duration funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs. The following year, Bydel Grünerløkka took over the employer responsibility, while Oslo VO Rosenhof continued with responsibility for Norwegian teaching. Between 1997 and 2013, Quo Vadis switched between being at Møllergata school, Trondheimsveien 2, Lakkegata, Christian Kroghs gate and Storgata.
Rosenhof VO have had locations in Trondheimsveien 2 since August 2013. Trondheimsveien 2 was between 1873 and until the closure in 1981, a brewery called Schous brewery. Today, in addition to Oslo VO Rosenhof, the Trondheimsveien department has many different neighbours in the quarter: Riksscenen, Popsenteret, OMK, dance center, KLP VAV, Posten, NAV and several restaurants.
Osterhaus' gate 22
Rosenhof VO department sentrum have been in Osterhaus' gate 22 since August 2013. From August 2017 there has been a lower secondary education for 16-19 year olds, and from October 2018 there has been a Higher Education Entrance Qualification class (generell studiekompetanse) for 19-23 year olds in the Introduction program.
Christiania city school - Christiania borgerskole
From 1873 and until the school was shut down in 1932, Christiania's city school (Christiania borgerskole) was in Osterhaus' gate 22. The school opened in September 1812, and the archives after school are the oldest preserved school library from Oslo in the City Archives. The civic school, borgerskole, was created to raise the knowledge among children who were "destined for the ordinary civil life" and who needed a good basis for further education.
The school protocols from the 1820s show that it was mainly children of civil cervants and members of the bourgeoisie class who applied for school. In the 1830s, the ordinary pupil was the son of a craftsman, while there are also several pupils with fathers from the military and the judiciary. From 1850-1893, one sees a wider spread in the fathers' professions: from Ministers and Professors to chariot men and furniture dealers. But the trades in commerce, shipping and craft were the dominant ones.
In Aftenposten in 1912, the week's big total punishment for pupils is mentioned. It took place Saturday afternoon between 13.00 and 14.00 in the school's first floor: "Then, it is told, there sounded loud screams, and passing women hurried from there in horror; but two of the city's old Citizens who went past, nodded to each other: "Now the youth's upbringing was in the best hands."
Framhaldsskolen for jenter - Work-oriented Lower Secondary school for girls
From 1932 until the school was closed in 1969, the framhaldsskole, a work-oriented Lower Secondary School for Girls was in Osterhaus' gate 22. At the beginning of the 20th century, only a minority of the students to school after finishing primary school. In April 1900, a continuation school opened for girls at Grünerløkka school. The school received municipal support, but the teachers from Grünerløkka primary school taught for free at the continuation school for the first three years. Since the teachers and the students were working during the day, there were two nights of teaching each week in the subjects Home care, Norwegian, mathematics and Bookeeping. Dress making, English and Social studies came in as a subject after a while.
The continuation school received special funding from 1909 and was organized into boys and girls classes. The boys were given courses in trade and crafts, while the girls were divided into three groups: the House Care group (one year), the Dress Making group (one year) and the Business group (two years) (which from 1911 became three years for students who wanted to apply for a Certificate of Trade.
When the school moved to Osterhaus' gate, there was a larger proportion of day students, and from the mid-30s the majority of pupils went to school during the day. In 1929, a new school plan arrived, where the first year was the same for all students. After the first year, the pupils were divided into four programmes: the Trade Programme, the Food Prepariation Programme, the Fashion Programme, and the pre-programme for the Tailoring School. In the Trade Programme, the class was again divided in the third year: in the Office, Shop and Shorthand programme. In addition, there were different courses for hospitant students - in English, Food Preparation, Dressmaking, Fashion decorations, Shorthand, Typing and continuation courses for the Tailoring School.
During the war, there was a dramatic fall in students attending the evening school, a trend that continued after the war. In 1947, the school changed its name to Oslo framhaldsskole in accordance with the new law on framhaldsskoler. In 1969, the school was closed down with the other framhaldsskoler, because Oslo introduced a mandatory nine-year school, and lower secondary schools were established.
Elvebakken upper secondary school
In 1969, Oslo vocational school (which in 1976 changed its name to Elvebakken upper secondary school) took over the premises. Elvebakken was in Osterhaus' gate until 2005, when they moved to larger premises nearby.
Oslo VO Rosenhof
Rosenhof has been in the premises of Osterhaus' gate since August 2013.